The British Institute of Recruiters Membership Terms & Conditions
The following constitute the terms and conditions of The British Institute of Recruiters membership for companies and individuals. By becoming a British Institute of Recruiters member, you confirm you have read and understand these terms & conditions fully, and agree to be bound by them.
- Membership Fees
- Fees displayed on The British Institute of Recruiters website will prevail at all times.
- The British Institute of Recruiters reserves the right to increase the price of the membership subscription on an annual basis. Members will be informed of any fee increase at the time of renewal.
- As a British Institute of Recruiters member you will receive a wide range of benefits as listed on the membership pages of our website. Benefits vary depending on the type of membership purchased.
- Membership Payments
- Membership is fixed for a period of one calendar year starting on the day you join. Membership will be activated at point of approval and membership fee payment in full, or an agreed deposit if a payment plan has been offered and accepted in writing.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cheque, BACS or Direct Debit. If membership payment remains outstanding we will notify you by telephone, email or letter. A receipted invoice will follow.
- Membership Renewals
- We will contact you before your membership is due for renewal, detailing the expiry date of your current membership and the subscription due.
- It is the member's responsibility to advise The British Institute of Recruiters of their intention not to renew. If your membership subscriptions are paid by Direct Debit, we will automatically renew your membership after 12 months and collect the monies for the coming subscription period unless you notify us that you do not wish to renew your membership within three working days of your renewal date.
- Payments not received within one month of becoming due will result in the membership being considered lapsed and all services may be suspended pending payment. However, membership charges will continue to accrue, until resignation is received in writing, subject to the cancellation procedure outlined below.
- Your renewal payment is confirmation of the continued acceptance of this contract as described in clause 9. You may not transfer any of your rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another person.
- Membership Cancellations & Refunds
- To cancel your membership you will need to notify us in writing to email@example.com. Full refunds will not be given for cancelled memberships once 30 days of membership has lapsed.
- Refunds for membership fees are as follows:
- Cancellation before 30 days – 80% refund
- Cancellation before 90 days – 50% refund
- Cancellation after 90 days – No refund
- Professional Conduct
As a member of The British Institute of Recruiters you agree to adhere to the BIoR Code of Professional & Ethical Conduct, and if applying for ‘Certified Recruitment Business’ membership commit to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The British Institute of Recruiters shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with your membership. The British Institute of Recruiters total liability in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with your membership shall not exceed the amount of your membership fee.
- Variation of Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions may be revised from time to time. If they are revised, members will be notified by email. It will be your responsibility to keep up-to date with all such changes and your continued membership shall be deemed acceptance of any changes to these terms and conditions.
- Data Protection
- Provide the products and services you need.
- Improve the quality of our products and services to you.
- Provide you with offers that we believe will interest you.
- As part of membership you agree to a review of your service provider costs. Our preferred service providers offer member discounts that may significantly reduce your costs. Membership includes a no obligation quotation from our preferred service providers. In order to achieve this, you agree to your details being passed to them, and accepting their call to receive a no obligation quotation.
- Any external service providers we recommend within your membership package will have absolute discretion in relation to the provision of services. All services supplied by external service providers will be subject to the provider’s own terms and conditions. The British Institute of Recruiters does not accept any liability for loss or damage suffered as a result of a fault, error or omission in the provision services provided by these service providers.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by entering into this Agreement the Employer further agrees and consents to receive a call to ensure their insurance is fit for purpose, and occasionally topical promotional material from the Training Provider’s insurance broker, PIB Risk Services Limited.
- Membership Contract
By submitting your membership application, you are making an offer to subscribe to The British Institute of Recruiters which, if accepted by The British Institute of Recruiters, will result in a legally binding contract.