Padma is an Employment Solicitor at Irwin Mitchell LLP and she advises on both contentious and non-contentious employment matters for a wide range of PLC and SME employers, as well as individual clients. She has a wide range of experience of advising those in the recruitment sector on a wide range of issues.
In particular, Padma advises and represents clients in situations involving:
- The drafting of contracts of employment, service agreements, self-employed contracts and/or zero hour contracts;
- The use of agency workers and the associated paperwork;
- Disciplinary (including performance management) and grievance hearings;
- Changes to terms and conditions;
- Absence management;
- Unfair dismissals and resignations;
- Family friendly rights and policies;
- Discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Redundancies and reorganisations;
- Restrictive covenant breaches, and advising clients practically on ways to avoid breaches of covenants;
- The drafting and implementation of employment policies and handbooks;
- The drafting and negotiation of settlement agreements.
Padma regularly produces and delivers material for in-house and external seminars and writes employment articles for Irwin Mitchell's monthly legal update bulletins.
Padma’s clients have commended her support as being “invaluable in identifying the relevant law and how it can be addressed in my business environment” and that “she provided practical legal advice which also took into account the commercial reality.”